My Fourth OC for
15 • Gender:
Female • Height:
158 cm • Weight:
49 kg • Birthday:
April 29 • Ethnicity:
Japanese • House:
Hufflepuff • Year:
5 • Wand Ingredients: - Core:
Dragon Heartstring - Length:
9 inches - Wood:
Fir - Flexibility:
Reasonably Supple • Personality:
As the owner of a Fir wand, it always surprises people that the timid
Himiko would possess it. Himiko rarely interact with people and often time her presence is unnoticed due to her quietness
. Himiko is okay with it though because social situations always make her nervous
. She is always unsure with herself and it leads to self deprecation
. Despite all that, she is not an anti social. She longed to form relationships with others but her low esteem
further make it difficult. Himiko is aware of her social anxiety and works extremely hard
to function. Himiko think what she will said first but every time she opens her mouth, fear takes a grip and her words came out wrong. In the end she will just be agreeable
with others to end the conversation. Sometimes she will take advantage of her bad English as excuse to avoid conversation. Sometimes she will just clamp up. Things more often don't go smoothly but she always goes on. It's that tenacity
that probably convince the Sorting Hat to put her in Hufflepuff.
Himiko relax completely around plants and small animals. She'll talk to them normally though she will done it in secret, since she doesn't want to draw attention. When she is with someone she's comfortable with, Himiko will become clingy
. She will also let that person to dominate the conversation in fear of accidentally offending them. Himiko desperately wish to change herself, like the protagonists in the manga. She wants to be a flashy
, just a little bit, but couldn't bring herself to do it. Because of her normalcy, Himiko truly admires others
who have talent. She really respect
those who have vision of their own and work hard for it. As a member of the Hufflepuff house, Himiko feel obligated
to follow their examples. Himiko is not jealous of them, surprisingly enough.
If there is one thing that really anger her, it's hurting animals and destroying plants (like stepping onto flowers). That is the only time Himiko will temporarily forget
her anxiety. She will speak in clear voice and glare (though in the end she will be horrified with her own actions). Her OOC moment can be downright intimidating
. Himiko don't have much aspirations... However she believe that even a small animal have their own way of surviving... Even though just barely...
: Himiko is originally from Japan, as her name denote. Her father was once a Fujimoto before taking his wife's surname when they got married. Fujimoto clan is an old wizarding clan, though Muggles mistake them as shamans.They are not exactly wrong, as the Fujimotos specialises in dealing with local magical creatures. For centuries their primary job is to make sure neither Muggles or magical creatures (such as kappa, tengu and so on) would encounter each other. For Muggles in the olden days, the Fujimoto clan is thought to exterminate youkai. During the Meiji period, Japan societies adapted to Western cultures such as technology, art, economics, industry, and so forth. Fujimoto clan is part of the conservatives and further isolate themselves from the Muggles. While they eventually cope with the changing world, their relations with Muggles have greatly diminished, along with their wealth. The Fujimoto clan is still regarded with respect in Japan's Wizarding community though.
The clan values strength most of all, along with the code of the samurai. Most members of the clan are trained in martial arts and their duelling skill are no slouch either. Frivolity is heavily frowned upon. Fujimoto Sinichi is the black sheep of the family despite being the first born. That is because he is more interested in Muggles than practising martial arts. Despite being given multiple warnings (even threats) from family members, Shinichi still sneak out to play with his Muggleborn/Muggle friends. When he is 18 years old, Shinichi denounce the name Fujimoto and move out. At first he stayed with his friends before eventually getting a job and place of his own. Eventually he met a Muggle girl who eventually become his wife. Not long after their daughter Himiko is born. Himiko have always been awkward since she is a little girl. Always the last one to get picked in games, the one with least friends and the one that get teased the most.
On fifth grade, the teasing turn worse. During summer time, the neighborhood children tricked her into going into an abandoned mansion. Rumours said it is haunted. Turns out the rumours are true. Himiko encounter a yokai (Japanese ghost/monster) when exploring the mansion. A frantic Shinichi managed to save her on the last second. He told the children's parents and they are punished accordingly. Unfortunately it made them resent Himiko, causing them to bully her.
Afterwards, Himiko became a shut in. Her parents have no choice but to homeschooled her. While saddened, Himiko's mother won't give up. One day she gave her daughter a tulip sprout. Since Himiko's father is allergic to animals and Honoka don't want to interact with people, she figures there's no harm using plants. To their surprise and great delight, Himiko took a great interest at the plant. As time passes, the tulip grows and Himiko's attitude improved. The day the tulip first bloom, Honoka's parents are shocked to find their daughter outside the house for the first time in a year. She is planting the tulip at their backyard. Overjoyed, they bought a whole load of gardening tools, seeds and books about the subject for Honoka. In a short amount of time, their backyard transformed to a garden.
When she turn 14, Himiko's parents break the news for her. Her father have been promoted but that means they must move to England. Her parents think this is an opportunity for her to start fresh, in which Himiko shares the same opinion. When she is finally transferred to Hogwarts, her social anxiety prevent her to form friendships. In the end she turn to her flowers again. The chain of events happening that year didn't help either. Himiko is not too keen to return to Hogwarts for her 5th years for various reasons, but mostly because of OWLs.
- Koizumi Shinichi (Father - Pureblood) - Formerly a Fujimoto. A very outgoing man who perhaps is the living embodiment of 'happy-go-lucky'. He fell in love with Muggle culture when he is in his teenage years. He found Muggle clothing, music and overall attitude much more relaxed than his family. Of course, being sheltered/pampered growing up made life difficult for him when he first move out. His Muggleborn friend help him applied to university where he met his wife. He works at a large Japanese business firm. Practises kendo.
- Koizumi Yoshie (Mother - Muggle) - The complete opposite of her husband. Quiet, proper and undoubtedly more responsible than Shinichi. However she also have a more wilful side in her. Shinichi (a bit ironically) fell in love with her when Yoshie beat him in a friendly kendo vs naginata match held by their university. Yoshie often feel jealous when other women being close to her husband (Shinichi found himself like being dominated by his wife). Works at a Japanese tea house.
- Insects beneficial to gardening (ladybugs, butterflies, worm, etc)
- Green tea
- Small animals (hamsters, squirrels, guinea pigs, ferrets, chincilas)
- Mangas (Himiko really likes the flower illustrations in manga)
- Bugs harmful to plants
- Garden gnomes
- Having to order food (social anxiety makes it difficult)
- Regular cashiers (same reason as above)
- Fictional characters with large bust
• Elective Classes:
- Care of Magical Creatures
• Extra Curricular:
• Relationship with Others:
- Is currently learning about the flower language (both Japanese and Victorian).
- Want to have a pet but afraid it will be eaten by other student's cats.
- Wishes to experience romance like in the manga.
- Coming from a conservative country, PDA embarrasses Himiko greatly.
- Not very good with large animals.
- Will add suffix when addressing someone she knows (like -chan, -san, -kun)
- Himiko actually knows some martial arts. Her mother insist for her to learn naginata in order to be able to defend herself (bonus point for not having to directly touch your opponent).
- Himiko is biromantic but still not sure about her sexuality.
Out of character
Name: Choco, Cya
Timezone: UTC (+07:00)
One fun fact about yourself: Not very good with social media sites ehe
Favorite Harry Potter book: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Favorite Harry Potter movie: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Method of RP Used: DA Notes, Chat, Skype, Forum